Are you excited and worried at the same time on your first trip with the magic mushroom? It is okay; every new shroom tripper experiences mixed emotions during their first trip. However, to have a meaningful and good trip, check the top facts about shrooms.
Magic mushroom is a psychedelic mushroom that contains psilocybin and psilocin – two active psychedelic compounds that cause hallucination and psychosis. Psychedelic mushroom trippers often experience the following:
- Mild to an extremely altered perception of reality, space, and time.
- Mild to extreme sudden changes of mood and emotions.
There are more things to discover about magic mushrooms than the basic experiences when you trip with them. Here are the top facts about shrooms that every new tripper should know.
Fact #1: There are several strains of magic mushrooms
If you scan through the internet, you will find several strains of mushrooms and each one has characteristics and level of potency. Here are the most popular shrooms amongst psychonauts.
- Flying Saucer (Psilocybe Azurescens) – 1.78 percent of psilocybin.
- Liberty Cap (Psilocybe Semilanceata) –0.98 percent of psilocybin.
- Knobby Tops (Psilocybe Baeocystis) –0.85 percent of psilocybin.
- Wavy Caps (Psilocybe Cyanescens) – 0.85 percent of psilocybin.
- Golden Teacher or Golden Caps (Psilocybe Cubensis) – 0.63 percent of psilocybin; ideal for beginners.
Fact #2: There are 5 ways to consume magic shroom
Do you eat shroom? Is it mixed with your food or drink? Is it consumed raw or dried? These are the questions you’d often hear from new magic shroom trippers. There are 4 popular ways to consume magic mushrooms;
Eat it – The simplest form of consuming either fresh or dried magic mushrooms is straight up eating the recommended dose. Depending on the shroom’s potency level, most shrooms would give off its effects 30-40 minutes after it consumes. And if consumed with an empty stomach, the fast ad stronger effects will kick in.
Mix it in your tea – Let the tea bag and ground or crushed shroom sit in a hot water (not boiling to avoid destroying the psilocybin in the mushroom) for 10 – 15 minutes.
Capsule – This is another easiest form of taking shrooms into your system is shroom capsules.
Edibles – If you can’t take dried or fresh shrooms, there are edible shrooms that you can consume like a treat.
Reminder: Consume shrooms that you can handle or as recommended by the experts. Also, to ensure you are buying well-produced shrooms check this shop online.
Fact #3: Magic mushrooms should be consumed according to the right dose
Every shroom has a different level of potency. And if you want to experience a meaningful and good trip, you need to try to consume what you can handle.
- Low dose = 0.8 – 1 grams (no to mild effects)
- Mild dose = 1 – 1.5 grams (experiencing synesthesia or hearing colors and seeing sounds).
- Moderate dose = 1.5 – 3 grams (experiencing “real” psychedelic effects, where it gives you visual and sound hallucination. Also, in this dose, your introspection has improved.)
- Strong dose = 3 – 4 grams (stronger synesthesia and hallucination).
- Hero’s dose = 4 – 5 and up grams (consumed by experienced psychonauts; everything becomes unreal.
Fact #4: If there’s a good trip, there is also a bad trip
Not all trippers will experience good trips, some will experience bad and traumatizing trips, especially when you abuse and misuse shrooms.