Are you nervous about your first psychedelic therapy? Fortunately, this post got you covered.
In psychedelic therapy or Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy (PAP), preparation is essential. Preparing before undergoing the therapy will help you experience a good trip throughout the session. Also, you will get good results.
How do you prepare for psychedelic therapy?
Preparing for psychedelic therapy is not hard. However, you need the right elements for a good trip before you experience a good one.
#1: Choose a trusted licensed therapist, psychiatrist, or practitioner.
That is right.
Before undergoing psychedelic therapy, you need to choose a practitioner that you can trust. Choose a licensed expert that had assisted in several psychedelic therapy sessions. Additionally, make it a requirement that your therapist can offer different methods in psychedelic therapy.
There are 4 popular types of psychedelic therapy, and each one uses specific psychedelic substances.
- LSD or Lysergic Acid Diethylamide is used to treat extreme anxiety and addiction.
- Psilocybin, also known as the magic mushroom, is one of the popular psychedelic substances used in Psychedelic Therapy. It is used to treat extreme anxiety, mood disorders, alcohol and substance addiction, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and more. Also, for special cases, magic mushrooms are recommended for safe self-awakening. If you are interested in a trip using magic shrooms, you may check Three Amigos Psilocybin to get details on trusted clinics that offer PAP.
- MDMA, also known as ecstasy is another psychedelic used in PAP. Although controversial, MDMA is sometimes used to treat PTSD.
- Ayahuasca is a South American psychoactive brew that can help treat addiction, depression, and anxiety.
Which type of psychedelic therapy should you undergo?
The psychedelic substance used for the therapy will depend on the practitioner’s assessment and diagnosis of the patient’s condition. So, if you want to experience a safe and good trip, choose an expert you can trust.
#2: Prepare yourself before the scheduled therapy
Typically, the therapist will have activities appropriate for the goal. However, to make the trip a success, you need to do the following:
- Have a good rest the night before the scheduled psychedelic therapy.
- Wear light and comfortable clothes on the day of the therapy.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages or other substances before and on the day of the therapy.
- Eat healthily.
- Drink enough water throughout the session.
- Think calmly.
- Submit to the experience.
- Do not be afraid during the session. If you are experiencing the effects of a bad trip during the trip, tell it to the therapist.
- Enjoy every moment.
There have been several good reviews about Psychedelic Therapy. So, you do not need to worry about possible outturns of the therapy. However, to experience a good and memorable trip, you need to undergo therapy with an experienced therapist or practitioner. These well-rounded experts know what substance you should use and the dose ideal for your condition. Also, they are equipped with activities that can help you achieve awakening or enlightenment.
Lastly, enjoy the trip and do not be afraid. Submit yourself to the experience to get positive results.