Do you love water and all the sports related to it but surf simply isn’t something that you tried so far? Are you very determined to try it this summer because you are sure that it is a lot of fun? Well, it actually is. Even though you might now be a bit stressed about the idea that there is a high chance to fail, there are a few easy tips which you can follow in order to be sure that you will enjoy your first surfing steps to the fullest. Here are a few guidelines to help you enjoy surfing from the very first lessons.
1. Learning to surf all by yourself is a big mistake. It might look easy but it is actually not as easy as you think it is. You should either hire a teacher, get a highly experienced friend to help you or you can go that extra mile and consider this surf camp in Portugal, as it is wonderful.
2. Go with the big surfboard first. There are several types of surfboards available but beginners should always opt for the big ones. Using a big surfboard will give you a larger surface to lean on so for somebody who has not practiced surfing skills yet, this can prove to be very useful. Also, a bigger board always represents a better floatation device, so this is another reason why you should opt for one.
3. Soft top surfboards also represent a good choice. If you’re going for a big surfboard, also consider the idea of opting for a soft top. The soft top will be much gentler both on your posterior and on your feet.
4. Beginner friendly surf beaches should be your main choices for a few months, at least until you get the chance to improve some of your skills. The big waves are difficult to handle, even for skilled and highly experienced surfers; a beginner’s surf beach is going to help you avoid accidents and unpleasant situations, so it always makes the better choice.
5. Pace yourself. You have understand that once you get into the water, there is no way around but to pace yourself. Otherwise, there is an increased risk of injuries. I know that it sounds a bit worrying and that this will make you think whether or not you should continue with the surfing training. Yes, surfing comes with its risks but I know that it will help you have a lot of fun. Just try it! You’ll love it.
As long as you play this smart, we can guarantee the fact that you will easily become better and better at surfing and I also know that you will love it. Those who tried it, even though they were not 100% sure of the fact that they should do this, fell in love with it. Read their feedback and testimonials and you will quickly understand just how much these people have come to enjoy their surfing trips. Try it now! You will not regret it!